304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Are you seeing a driver is unavailable error message for your HP printer when you open the Windows Settings app? Windows encounters an incompatible or corrupt HP printer driver. This is what we’ll teach you to do.
In cases where Windows is having trouble loading the printer driver, an HP printer will display “Driver unavailable” errors. This error can be caused by a number of factors, including an outdated driver or an incorrect printer setup. Follow these steps to fix the HP printer problem in Windows 10 or 11.
Windows comes with a Printer Troubleshooter built in that will fix almost all printer drivers Other common problems with printers . . It is recommended that you run the file before proceeding to the other fixes.
1. Press Windows Key + S, Troubleshoot Settings, Enter. Other/Additional troubleshooters.
2. Look for the Printer Troubleshooter and selection Run/Run the troubleshooter.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to resolve issues that the HP Printer Troubleshooter has detected.
Then, open the HP Print and Scan Doctor App on your computer. This is a HP-specific troubleshooter that diagnoses and fixes issues with HP printers. You can Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor Visit the HP Website.
The HP Print and Scan doctor can detect issues in your HP printer. You can either let it fix them automatically or you could follow the suggestions.
Visit HP’s software and driver downloads portal Search for the model number of your HP printer. Next, install the recommended software support (e.g. HP Smart, HP Easy Start), that you do not have. You should also install the latest firmware and device drivers.
Try the Device Manager in Windows if you are having trouble installing driver via HP’s Driver Updater Tool. This is how to do it:
1. Press Windows + + R to open a Run box. Then, type devmgmt.mscand select OK To open the Device Manager.
2. Expand Print queues, Click the right-click icon to activate your printer hardware, HP ENVY(and select) Update driver.
3. Select Browse my computer for drivers Click on the Update Drivers Dialog.
4. Make sure to check the box beside Include subfolders. Browse Pick the folder or file that you have downloaded as the driver.
Note: Windows might not recognize a driver file that is ZIP-formatted unless it’s extracted first.
5. Select Next Update the HP printer driver You can now select the HP printer driver Close To close the Update Drivers window.
If you have an earlier version of Windows 10, 11 or Windows 10 on your computer, compatibility problems may occur with the HP printer driver and support software Upgrading the operating system.
For that to happen, you need to open the Start menu and select Settings. Windows Update >> Check for updates > Download and install You can install the latest Windows updates.
Also, select Advanced options > Optional updates or View optional updates You can find the Windows Update panel and, if necessary, install any Microsoft printer updates.
You can remove the printer and reconnect it to your computer if the error “Driver unavailable” persists. It also requires Reinstall the appropriate HP drivers by deleting them and then reinstalling them Software support.
1. Go to Settings by opening the Settings app Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners.
2. Select the HP printer you want and choose your preferred color Remove To confirm, click the “Confirm” button Then, select Remove device To confirm, click on the popu.
3. Start the Device Manager.
4. Expand Printer queues,Uninstall device.
5. Click the right-click Start button Choose and Apps and Features.
6. Locate any HP driver or support software and then uninstall it.
7. You can restart your computer.
8. Then, re-open it Settings Download the app, and then go to Bluetooth & devices >> Printers & scanners.
9. Select Add device You can also set the HP printer up from scratch.
10. Install the most recent drivers and software to support the device. Search again for your printer model HP’s software and driver downloads portal To ensure that you have everything installed.
You can switch to the generic Windows driver for your printer. Although this will most likely fix the error “Drive not available”, it could also cause some issues with your HP printer’s features. It’s worth trying if you still have the problem.
1. Click on the Device Manager to select the HP printer that is causing problems Printer queues. Update driver.
2. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
3. Select Let me pick from the list of available drivers.
4. Make sure to check the box beside Show compatible hardware. Generic software device > Next.
5. Select Finish To install the generic driver printer for your computer.
A system file corruption could also be a reason why your HP printer gives you the “Driver not available” error. Start the SFC command-line tool and DISM command line tool It is possible to fix it.
Click the right-click icon to start an SFC (or system file checker) scanStart button Choose and Windows PowerShell/Terminal (Admin). sfc /scannow and press Enter.
After the System File Checker has finished scanning your computer with its scan, you can launch the DISM tool (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) by using the following command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
It can take a while to use the DISM tool and it may seem to be stuck. Keep the Windows PowerShell window opened and you will see it close eventually.
Have you been able to resolve the “Driver unavailable” error from your HP printer? To minimize your chances of having the same issue again, keep the HP printer drivers and operating system current. Contact us if you are not sure HP Support You can find model-specific fixes to help you resolve your driver problem.