304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
You probably have a GoPro and you need to be able to link it to your computer to transfer your video files to edit.
This article will show you how to connect the GoPro with your Windows PC using three methods. These include using the microUSB cable, microSD cards, Bluetooth, and the GoPro mobile application. You’ll also be able to upload GoPro videos to the Internet using the GoPro mobile app.
Note: Please note that this article is for the most current GoPro 10 available. Some steps might not work if your GoPro 10 is an older model. The following steps will also work on Mac. However, instead of file explorer you will need to use Finder.
GoPro’s USB cable is the best way to link your GoPro with your computer. Although this is more convenient than the best, it’s not necessarily the most efficient.
The microSD card will not need to be removed from the camera for you to place it in your computer. However, using a USB cable to transfer video is much faster than using the microSD cards. You may not be able to use a USB cable to transfer videos if you have an SD card slot on your computer or don’t own an adapter for microSD cards.
1. The battery door on your GoPro should be opened. Connect the end of the Micro SD cable to near the battery.
2. To turn on your GoPro, press the power button at the GoPro’s side and then hold the button down until it powers up.
3. The other end of your GoPro USB Cable should be plugged into the USB port in Windows.
4. Open File Explorer from your Windows PC. You should now see a new map drive to the left that is identified as your GoPro camera.
Navigate through the folder structure on your GoPro’s microSD card. You will be able to search for your videos and copy them to your computer. The DCIM folder contains all the videos.
You may encounter situations where the previous steps won’t be effective. In these cases you might not see your GoPro mapped drive under Windows File Explorer. The following tips can help you fix it if that happens.
Unplug the USB cord from your computer first. Then, try connecting it to another USB port. Windows will sometimes recognize the USB cable and make the GoPro drive mapped in File Explorer. GoPro will also enable USB mode automatically by re-plugging your cable.
If you still have problems, the next steps will enable autoplay in Windows 11 to your GoPro.
1. Open Windows Settings. Type “autoplay” into the search box to the left. Choose AutoPlay settings.
2. Make sure you are on the AutoPlay Settings page Use AutoPlay Toggling is available for all media and devices On. Choose Autoplay Defaults, Select the dropdown menu under your GoPro listed device.
3. Select Open device to view files (File Explorer) Select the dropdown menu.
For this to happen, you may have to restart your computer. You will need to turn on your GoPro and connect it via USB cable. Once the change has taken effect, check that Windows files explorer shows your GoPro.
You will need the GoPro microSD card in order to transfer your videos to your computer with the microSD Card.
You will need a few items to make this work.
1. Open the GoPro’s battery door to locate the microSD card. The microSD card will be on the longer side of your battery door. To eject the microSD card from your GoPro, press down lightly and then release.
2. The microSD card should be inserted into the adapter for microSD to AD.
3. The adapter can be inserted into the SD slot of your computer (or in the SD-to-US adapter).
4. The card should be detected by your computer immediately (just like a USB stick). Once it is listed as a mapped drive, Windows file explorer will automatically list it. This drive will be listed under either “My Computer” (or “This PC”.
You can now navigate the directory on your microSD card to find the recorded videos and then transfer them to your computer.
The can be downloaded here GoPro Quik for Android available on Google Store, For your iPhone, visit the Apple Store .
The GoPro app allows you to connect and control your GoPro from your smartphone. This app is amazing and offers many great features.
Connecting your GoPro camera to your computer requires the ability to directly extract video from the device. This is especially helpful if the USB connector doesn’t work or you don’t have a way to move files to the microSD card.
1. Once the GoPro Quik application has been installed, launch it and select the tiny icon that looks like a GoPro Camera with a plus symbol. To add your GoPro device, follow the wizard.
2. Select the option on the main page to display the Media The icon is at the bottom. Please select App On the next page. Select the GoPro video that you wish to save to your device. Next, select the video from your GoPro that you wish to download Export Click the icon near the bottom and tap Save to phone.
3. After you have saved your GoPro app to your smartphone, it is possible to transfer the file to your computer through the cloud. You can export the video to your computer by opening Gallery The cloud storage service Choose the one you prefer.
4. Once the video has been transferred to cloud storage, it is possible to then link to the cloud storage account from your computer in order to import it.
Note: Doing a Bluetooth file transmission, USB cable to connect your smartphone and computer You can also skip the cloud option completely.
You now have all the options available for connecting your GoPro camera to your computer to transfer any videos that you have captured. Are there other ways to transfer GoPro files from your computer to GoPro?